FANDOM


  • Who the fuck organized the pages this way!?! I mean seriously, I have no clue how to edit these damn pages. I've had this issue in the past and I STILL haven't found out how to resolve it. Seriously, get on this shit now guys. The current page format is highly impracitcal. 

      Loading editor
    • The way the pages are organised and formated, is way more advanced than most wikis.

      Also, changd to Source edit mode.

        Loading editor
    • DeletedContent wrote:
      Who the fuck organized the pages this way!?! I mean seriously, I have no clue how to edit these damn pages. I've had this issue in the past and I STILL haven't found out how to resolve it. Seriously, get on this shit now guys. The current page format is highly impracitcal. 

      Presenting clean information is more important than giving an easy way to edit to first-time editors. While any editor is welcomed, there is too much information to just slop it around.

        Loading editor
    • Right, but often times people have very useful information that may not have been acquired by an expirienced editor (i.e. a rare bug or new info after a recent update). Personally at least, accessability and practicality are significantly more important than looks. I don't care how advanced it is, if it isn't practical (which it isn't) then shit needs to change. Please at least post a guide on how to edit these kinds of pages. Not everyone is a master editor who has thousands of edits on multiple wikis. I'm no slouch either; I'm pretty prominent on a handful of wikis and me and one other guy basically kept the Far Cry wiki afloat for a whole year. Please don't insult my intelligence. 

        Loading editor
    • DeletedContent wrote:
      Right, but often times people have very useful information that may not have been acquired by an expirienced editor (i.e. a rare bug or new info after a recent update). Personally at least, accessability and practicality are significantly more important than looks. I don't care how advanced it is, if it isn't practical (which it isn't) then shit needs to change. Please at least post a guide on how to edit these kinds of pages. Not everyone is a master editor who has thousands of edits on multiple wikis. I'm no slouch either; I'm pretty prominent on a handful of wikis and me and one other guy basically kept the Far Cry wiki afloat for a whole year. Please don't insult my intelligence. 

      Then I don't see the difficulty in using Source editor, if you are experienced. Source editor has always been around.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, but I've not seen it on any other wikis. The RWBY wiki uses something similar; however, that one is equally as clean, but much more accessable. Check some of their character lists and you will see my meaning. If you really want cleaness over accessability, then get a damn Curse wiki page!

        Loading editor
    • Not like it really matters because I'm on this wiki about as often as I agree with an evangelical. 

        Loading editor
    • DeletedContent wrote:
      Yes, but I've not seen it on any other wikis. The RWBY wiki uses something similar; however, that one is equally as clean, but much more accessable. Check some of their character lists and you will see my meaning. If you really want cleaness over accessability, then get a damn Curse wiki page!

      They use separate pages. That's an increase in load times, and makes accessbility weaker.

      Warframe wikia used to do that too, until they realized it was awful for mobile users, since they wouldn't be able to see any of these sub-pages, which made up a majority of the wikia. They then started using tabbers, like us.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

Stream the best stories.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

Get Disney+