FANDOM


  • "While I'm away I think I'll have a hard time stopping myself from still reading your feedback in the evenings, so in the meantime during the break it'd be nice to give you something to discuss: I've been toying with ideas for 4.0. It's been on my mind recently and already I've got tons of features/improvements/changes I'd love to implement but just aren't possible in 3.0 at this point, and I've been catching up with Unreal Engine 4 considering whether it might be a good match. My hope is that the quality jump from 3.0 to 4.0 would be even bigger than the leap from 2.0 to 3.0 considering how much I've learned over the past 3 years. Note that I have no plans to begin 4.0 yet, and even if we were to go ahead with it there are many more updates to 3.0 planned. What are your thoughts on all this? I'm curious to see your response and especially if you have wishlists for 4.0 - nothing's off the table and if everyone's interested I might put together a new Trello board for 4.0 to group all your suggestions." -- Nelson Sexton

    https://trello.com/b/ezUtMJif/unturned-40-wishlist


    Feel free to leave any suggestions below, considering you've read the post above.

      Loading editor
    • A darker theme and more story driven

        Loading editor
    • More weapons?

        Loading editor
    • Joinable factions and npc companions

        Loading editor
    • And MoltonMontro declaring nuclar war on Yarrrr in: Captain Yarrrr: Civil War

        Loading editor
    • Two words: Better. Graphics.

        Loading editor
    • Atom Spark wrote:
      And MoltonMontro declaring nuclar war on Yarrrr in: Captain Yarrrr: Civil War

      I get to run a private millitary company that is neutral to both sides.

      Deathismad gets to be RNGesus.

      Unturned Bunker Wiki: Civil War

        Loading editor
    • Craftable chairs so i can make a 5 level bus

        Loading editor
    • Pixel34 wrote: Craftable chairs so i can make a 5 level bus

      I want to walk around in vehicles so badly now. ;-; Just thought of a double-decker bus.

      And now I want trains again. :[ What have you done!?

        Loading editor
    • nelson should add more about the soulcrystals

        Loading editor
    • If the Gameplay Config returns I'd love if it was improved to look better and be less scroll-y.

      And add a Story mode later on in development. :[

      Better Steam Economy integration to boost a better trade community with more value in Steam Economy items and promote more high-quality curated content.

        Loading editor
    • BLARGHARGHAG GHHAAAAARFGH

      Molt hit his head onto his closet thanks to this text alone. Papa bless :)

        Loading editor
    • https://trello.com/c/Or0eP9DR/120-map

      Assuming there's a similar keybind to our current for tacticals / toggling the flashlight, that keybind could be used to shove your face into the GPS/Chart/map-thing for a mostly clearer orthographical look.

        Loading editor
    • MoltonMontro wrote:
      https://trello.com/c/Or0eP9DR/120-map

      Assuming there's a similar keybind to our current for tacticals / toggling the flashlight, that keybind could be used to shove your face into the GPS/Chart/map-thing for a mostly clearer orthographical look.

      The ability to write on maps would be a godsend for insane sized maps.

        Loading editor
    • Hackername wrote:
      The ability to write on maps would be a godsend for insane sized maps.

      This is listed on the Trello atm, so I'd like to add on some additional specific stuff.

      Local map signs around campgrounds, boom barriers, et cetera.

      • Have it so the sign object can be made to only show a portion of the area, and not the entire map.

      Basic info-icons (key symbols) to represent locations.

      A way to add on to maps. Possibly via stencils, built-in GPS functionality, or a place-able beacon.

      • Three view-ability modes for the beacon: private, group, and public.
        • Additional setting for group alliances?
      • Functionality with info-icons, to show stuff like player-made stores?

      Quick toggle for map settings.

      • Toggle for visibility of location names (assuming if location names are not plastered on an image file or something similar).
      • Toggling of info-icons.
      • Individual checkboxes for visibility of custom markers: private, group, public.
        • Additional setting for group alliances?
      • Option to disable visibility of personal and group player names on the map.

      Three tiers of viewing your Chart/GPS/map.

      • Equipping it in your hand shows the smallest version of it, allowing you to easily see other things going on without much tunnel-vision.
      • Shoving your face into it with some keybind (likely the same as the tactical and flashlight usage key or the attachment menu key (assuming there is one to begin with)) for a clearer and fully orthographic view of the map but a more obscured view of your surroundings.
      • Selecting it from your inventory for something more similar to what we have right now, possibly. It could alternatively just be the same as shoving your face into it but you can use your cursor to look around as you zoom in and out at your pleasure (and you can't move).
        • Zoom In, Zoom Out, Center, and Focus buttons.

      Less problems with using the map on lower resolutions. If text isn't plastered onto the map as some sort of image file, then possibly options in the main settings menu to switch between something similar to what we have now and something more dynamic.

      • Dynamic: text will try to never overlap, and will try to not be cut off by the map border.
      • Static: text can overlap, and it can be cut off by the map border.

      Specific option for map text size in the settings menu.

      • Better UI resizing in general for different resolutions would be great, tbh.
        Loading editor
    • Movement suggestions based off the notecard from the original Trello and the current notecard. https://trello.com/c/nx4rUaeb/91-movement


      Stamina is consumed when sprinting, swimming, performing advanced maneuvers, or operating certain vehicles. Walking, jumping, climbing ladders, basic maneuvers, and other simple movements do not require stamina.


      Swimming drains stamina at a relatively slow pace, but at enough of a speed to warrant the usage of boats and other amphibious vehicles more often in its place. Some clothing can help lessen the intensity of the stamina drain, and even make traversing water overall easier.


      Advanced maneuvers include rolling and sliding, which functions off a sprint's current stamina drain.

      • The parkour dive roll can act as a dive or vault over small obstacles instead of the standard jump, as a short evasive maneuver, or as a way to preemptively reduce fall damage.
      • Sliding can also function as an evasive maneuver during combat to traverse cover, or as a way to slide through spaces that are normally only able to be crawled through while prone.

      Vehicles that are propelled by the player would require stamina to function.

      • Bicycles would use stamina. They could possibly only require it while pedaling at extreme speeds, and the max speed is capped at a lower number when not consuming stamina.
      • Paddle boats, rowboats, peddle boats, etc., would use stamina to function. However, they would be more efficient than swimming. They could also instead only require stamina while moving at a faster speed, with a lower speed cap when not consuming stamina.
      • Human-powered helicopters (HPH), or an Autogyro-HPH hybrid of some sort? Roughly the idea as other vehicles powered by the player, helping to restrict it as a very limited aircraft.

      Holding the keybinds for Sprint + Down lets you slide down the ladder. Holding Crouch while on the ladder allows free-looking, making it easier to interact with nearby objects.

        Loading editor
    • Making a function to swim faster would be nice since we are stuck at the slow swimming speed. Also high poly gun models

        Loading editor
    • Clone191b wrote:
      Also high poly gun models

      Nope

        Loading editor
    • A decent voice codec, more audio-related options in the settings than what we have now, and an in-game microphone tester.

      EDIT: "Never add PvE content. ;))))" -- Tewi

        Loading editor
    • Tweak guns damage and make a distance damage fall-off

        Loading editor
    • My ideas would never be added, but I think it would be nice to add them in anyways c:

      Vehicle storage: Yeah they're are probably mods that allow storage, such as that mod thingy that lets you put packs on your cars, but, I think an in-built storage would be super-handy for alot of new players. Possible pick-up trucks and vans could have the most storage, with things like the racing car and buggy having less storage. Of course not too op, the max storage maybe having 10 or 15 slots and the lowest having 2, to put in something such as a blowtorch or car jack. It could be MAYBE accessible for when you enter the vehicle. Under the GUI to steal the battery ext could be the inventory. Also, a possibility to upgrade the storage, idk how tho.


      Upgradable attachments: Ehh it's a pretty stupid idea, but I think upgradable attachments could be a small usefull thing, such as stronger supressors that last longer, more tacticle attachments and stuff like that. Not sure what else, however it could be only a few usefull items. A stronger light? Range increasement? Dunno..


      NPC fights: ''Again, a pretty stupid idea, but I think the ability to fight 'baddies' would be a good idea. After the falling of the Coalition, you could have to investigate The Syndicate bandits, without being seen. You could either go in stealthily or just charge in. They could use things like peacemakers, heartbreakers and stuff like that, in addition to turrets. It would be very fun for singleplayers like my self (There's either not enough space or it's on a massive map like Germany that my Commy can't handle) It could also open up to alot of useful new guns and even armour possibilitys could be used here.


      New weapons & Armour:

      Weapons: I feel there could be new makeshift items, such as a makeshift pistol. Also, with makeshift guns they should need gunpower which can be found at construction and sometimes at military sites. Possible a makeshift plate, x1 Metal scrap + Plastic = Makeshift Knife. Plastic could be found in houses and factories. Upgradable by another plastic and a metal plate. I would LOVE for the electric fence to come back. Maybe it can be done as: Barbed wire fence + 2 wire + Engeneering III = x2 Electrical wire wence. It should do 90 damage + bleeding, or a new effect could be added that makes you lose health, quicker than bleeding and lasts 4 seconds.

      Armour: Yeah new armours could be a good idea, not just the vests but maybe a full suit. So far I can only think of adding a leather and metal armour set, upgradable to be a reinforced armour set using metal plates and tape.


      But yeah as I said, these are just my seriously stupid ideas ^.^ Feel free to completely obliterate my ideas and destroy them or improve them, and whew this took me a while to write out.

        Loading editor
    • ArfenOne wrote: My ideas would never be added, but I think it would be nice to add them in anyways c:

      I'd love to see someone make a concept diagram of how vehicles could work. Show the trunk and doors being interact-able, and all that good stuff.

      A tiered attachment system could be nice, or possible something simple like a multiple tactical flashlight. One could be only for handguns, the other could be for most other weapons.

      Remember that 4.0 is not the same as Unturned 3.

      An expansive electrical system and several makeshift weapons would be nice. plz.

        Loading editor
    • No idea how I would make a concept diagram, give me a year or so and hopefully I will discover that out, another year then it will be done. I'm so useless

        Loading editor
    • Fingers for the characters and the zombies? And animated faces probaly, of course this can be toogled on the options.

        Loading editor
    • How about a section for inventory sprites? It's constantly been on my mind bothering me that raw meats look cooked and vice versa. Additionally maybe some more realistic stats for items because it currently baffles me that water is less hydrating than soda.

        Loading editor
    • Skatx wrote:
      Fingers for the characters and the zombies? And animated faces probaly, of course this can be toogled on the options.

      Animates faces could be a very nice feature, dependeant on the health and toxicity? I don't think fingers would work very well, and if added, should be togglable likes animated faces.

        Loading editor
    • TheRealJimbo wrote: How about a section for inventory sprites? It's constantly been on my mind bothering me that raw meats look cooked and vice versa. Additionally maybe some more realistic stats for items because it currently baffles me that water is less hydrating than soda.

      This. Warm soda is the worst soda.

        Loading editor
    • Add a British columbia map

        Loading editor
    • Vosssk wrote: Add a British columbia map

      As (hypothetically) "the first" map or just in general?

      Better question: why British Columbia? :o

        Loading editor
    • Thats where im from

        Loading editor
    • Have ranged weapons spawn with alternative attachments/magazines instead of the same setup every time.

        Loading editor
    • MoltonMontro wrote:
      Have ranged weapons spawn with alternative attachments/magazines instead of the same setup every time.

      What if you find a gun with 100%, full military drum, red dot sight and laser attachment, with bipod? Very op lmao

        Loading editor
    • ArfenOne wrote:
      MoltonMontro wrote:
      Have ranged weapons spawn with alternative attachments/magazines instead of the same setup every time.
      What if you find a gun with 100%, full military drum, red dot sight and laser attachment, with bipod? Very op lmao

      Then limit it to only spawn with 1-2 attachments and make them spawn with very low durability percentage.

        Loading editor
    • ArfenOne wrote:

      MoltonMontro wrote:
      Have ranged weapons spawn with alternative attachments/magazines instead of the same setup every time.

      What if you find a gun with 100%, full military drum, red dot sight and laser attachment, with bipod? Very op lmao

      Don't make guns spawn with any/random attachments then. :u Either way, that's not exactly what I was thinking of it as.

      The C7A2 has its iron sights, but it is also typically used with the C79 optical sight. Just have both be a possibility, assuming iron sights are still removable. Assuming they aren't, then it's just possibility of with the scope versus the possibility of without.

      Unturned's Matamorez has spawned with a scope in previous iterations of Unturned, and it would make sense for it to also take advantage of such a mechanic. The Augewehr could make sense to be use this too, and some weapons could utilize it for things like alternative magazines (if they're multi-caliber) or bayonets (grenade launchers?) if it made sense.

      Not exactly a fully randomized system, just a slightly less limited one. Think of it more as basically just adding spawn tables for a gun's attachments, or having typically standard attachments for its "real-life counterpart" as a possible default attachment for it in-game.

        Loading editor
    • Optimization. This game is, graphically, one of the simplest 3D games out there, yet runs terribly. I think if Nelson spent a few updates just working on optimization the game would be a lot more enjoyable.

        Loading editor
    • Don't make guns spawn with any/random attachments then. :u Either way, that's not exactly what I was thinking of it as.

      The C7A2 has its iron sights, but it is also typically used with the C79 optical sight. Just have both be a possibility, assuming iron sights are still removable. Assuming they aren't, then it's just possibility of with the scope versus the possibility of without.

      Unturned's Matamorez has spawned with a scope in previous iterations of Unturned, and it would make sense for it to also take advantage of such a mechanic. The Augewehr could make sense to be use this too, and some weapons could utilize it for things like alternative magazines (if they're multi-caliber) or bayonets (grenade launchers?) if it made sense.

      Not exactly a fully randomized system, just a slightly less limited one. Think of it more as basically just adding spawn tables for a gun's attachments, or having typically standard attachments for its "real-life counterpart" as a possible default attachment for i

      Yeah I guess. And I accidently deleted the ending bit of the message, I'm too lazy to fix it.

        Loading editor
    • I know I made a suggestion before but I've noticed something now that has been really annoying while playing. When chopping down treesk the number of logs and sticks that spawn is completely random. This is a pain in the arse when you're building a base and you chop down a tree yeilding literally only sticks. It would be nice if the "Outdoors" stat also increased the number of logs instead of sticks yeilded when chopping down trees.

        Loading editor
    • An Easter egg for Yukon and PEI

        Loading editor
    • -Performance Upgrades (Aka less lag for potatoes)

      -Bigger Maps (Insane Sized Making a Comeback?)

        Loading editor
    • Fixing the inventory slot swap bug where two items of the same size and orientation won't swap slots when clicked on.

        Loading editor
    • TheRealJimbo wrote:
      Fixing the inventory slot swap bug where two items of the same size and orientation won't swap slots when clicked on.

      Yes, that would be great, its so annoying when that happens.

        Loading editor
    • Better inventory. Maybe stacking items, with applied weight of some sort.

      Better inventory management. Hotkey to quickly move items between player's inventory and storages.

        Loading editor
    • Mozgwfiolce wrote: Better inventory. Maybe stacking items, with applied weight of some sort.

      Better inventory management. Hotkey to quickly move items between player's inventory and storages.

      Should point out that hotkeys do already exist for that in Unturned 3.

        Loading editor
    • MoltonMontro wrote:
      Should point out that hotkeys do already exist for that in Unturned 3.

      If You are talking about ctrl, it works poorly. If there's some other kind of hotkey, please let me know.

        Loading editor
    • make yukon great again

      and better nev mesh for zombie :D

        Loading editor
    • Mozgwfiolce wrote:

      MoltonMontro wrote:
      Should point out that hotkeys do already exist for that in Unturned 3.

      If You are talking about ctrl, it works poorly. If there's some other kind of hotkey, please let me know.

      Right-click on an item, press 3-0.

        Loading editor
    • Add a space map pls

        Loading editor
    • Mozgwfiolce wrote:

      MoltonMontro wrote:
      Should point out that hotkeys do already exist for that in Unturned 3.

      If You are talking about ctrl, it works poorly. If there's some other kind of hotkey, please let me know.

      Shift click. Ctrl click. They work perfectly fine for moving items in and out of storage, to and from the ground, or to automatically resort storage better.

        Loading editor
    • Add a coalition base to washington

        Loading editor
    • Should remind people that this is about the hypothetical Unturned 4.0, not Unturned 3.

        Loading editor
    • I would like more modular guns with butt stocks, recievers, trigger groups, stocks, sights, tacticals, magazines, underbarrels, bayonnet lugs, barrels, barrels extensions, and stocks. Underbarrel grenade launchers and shotguns could take up both the underbarrel and the Bayonnet slots, and grenade cups, though less convenient would only take up the barrel extension slot. Tacticals lights and lasers should be able to run out of batteries with different ones lasting longer and some variants having different colors (mb even infrared lights that can only be seen through NVGs and special scopes.) Some bolt action rifles could have semi auto conversion receivers.

        Loading editor
    • HarvestOnUnturned wrote: I would like more modular guns with butt stocks, recievers, trigger groups, stocks, sights, tacticals, magazines, underbarrels, bayonnet lugs, barrels, barrels extensions, and stocks. Underbarrel grenade launchers and shotguns could take up both the underbarrel and the Bayonnet slots, and grenade cups, though less convenient would only take up the barrel extension slot. Tacticals lights and lasers should be able to run out of batteries with different ones lasting longer and some variants having different colors (mb even infrared lights that can only be seen through NVGs and special scopes.) Some bolt action rifles could have semi auto conversion receivers.

      Are we now discussing about Ghost Recon Wildlands?

        Loading editor
    • Hackername wrote:

      HarvestOnUnturned wrote: I would like more modular guns with butt stocks, recievers, trigger groups, stocks, sights, tacticals, magazines, underbarrels, bayonnet lugs, barrels, barrels extensions, and stocks. Underbarrel grenade launchers and shotguns could take up both the underbarrel and the Bayonnet slots, and grenade cups, though less convenient would only take up the barrel extension slot. Tacticals lights and lasers should be able to run out of batteries with different ones lasting longer and some variants having different colors (mb even infrared lights that can only be seen through NVGs and special scopes.) Some bolt action rifles could have semi auto conversion receivers.

      Are we now discussing about Ghost Recon Wildlands?

      To be fair, I suggested a bayonet lug before, when I made a bayonet suggestion post. Although this all might be a bit too extensive/excessive imo.

      I wouldn't mind modular attachments. Have a sight attachment item that allows for equipping a primary sight then one off to the side you can see when leaning.

      I also think burst, auto, and semi-auto sears would be interesting. Have them be a tactical, or have an "attachment" slot for "Mods" ?

        Loading editor
    • One of those guns that you can look around a corner. Or a barrel extension that allows you to do that.

        Loading editor
    • Pixel34 wrote: One of those guns that you can look around a corner. Or a barrel extension that allows you to do that.

      The corner-gun is way too futuristic. Maybe some sort of high-tech mirror-on-a-stick like SWAT 4's Optiwand.

        Loading editor
    • Hackername
      Hackername removed this reply because:
      Duplicate
      11:26, August 2, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • -Hackername wrote:

      Pixel34 wrote: One of those guns that you can look around a corner. Or a barrel extension that allows you to do that.

      The corner-gun is way too futuristic. Maybe some sort of high-tech mirror-on-a-stick like SWAT 4's Optiwand.

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krummlauf

        Loading editor
    • Custom music on the stereo

        Loading editor
    • Hackername wrote:
      Right-click on an item, press 3-0.

      That's keybinding, not inventory management. And it has several problems, since things like Flashlight/Blowtorch cannot be keybound, and instead of binding an item, You are binding it's inventory slot - which means if You move something to different slots, it gets unbound.

      MoltonMontro wrote:
      Shift click. Ctrl click. They work perfectly fine for moving items in and out of storage, to and from the ground, or to automatically resort storage better.

      I think I tried it and it had some issues, but I'm not 100% sure. Thanks for info, though. Will make my life easier.


      So just stacking items and improved key binds, cause current inventory is just irritating.

        Loading editor
    • Vosssk wrote: Custom music on the stereo

      We can already do that.

        Loading editor
    • Hackername wrote:

      Vosssk wrote: Custom music on the stereo

      We can already do that.

      How do you do that


      I don't know

        Loading editor
    • Hackername wrote:

      Pixel34 wrote: One of those guns that you can look around a corner. Or a barrel extension that allows you to do that.

      The corner-gun is way too futuristic. Maybe some sort of high-tech mirror-on-a-stick like SWAT 4's Optiwand.

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CornerShot. Considering that it was made in the early 2000's, I would classify it as not futuristic. A mirror on a stick doesn't need to be high tech, I could smash a mirror and put it on a stick. 

        Loading editor
    • Vosssk wrote:

      Hackername wrote:


      Vosssk wrote: Custom music on the stereo

      We can already do that.
      How do you do that


      I don't know

      Modifying the files where the soundtracks are stored. (I think)

        Loading editor
    • I would like to have a dog companion that you could find out in the world (I'm thinking German shepard, rottweiler, bulldog, bloodhound, and/or pittbull) , and if you interact with it, it becomes a loyal canine companion that you can own and name. It would also be able to fight by your side and attack zombies, hostile animals, and players, but only if they attack you first or you attack them. You could also command them to get items for you, and will ride in vehicles with you. It also can not be killed, you don't have to feed it or give it water (since trying to feed and water YOURSELF is already enough of a chore), and if you die, it will go to your recently placed bedroll, but if there is none, then the ownership of the dog is lost. Take good care of it, and it will take care of you. Loyal to the end.

        Loading editor
    • Paladin of nonsense
      Paladin of nonsense removed this reply because:
      I changed my mind.
      03:45, July 12, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • We need more non zombie coalition bases

        Loading editor
    • Atom Spark wrote: I would like to have a dog companion that you could find out in the world (I'm thinking German shepard, rottweiler, bulldog, bloodhound, and/or pittbull) , and if you interact with it, it becomes a loyal canine companion that you can own and name. It would also be able to fight by your side and attack zombies, hostile animals, and players, but only if they attack you first or you attack them. You could also command them to get items for you, and will ride in vehicles with you. It also can not be killed, you don't have to feed it or give it water (since trying to feed and water YOURSELF is already enough of a chore), and if you die, it will go to your recently placed bedroll, but if there is none, then the ownership of the dog is lost. Take good care of it, and it will take care of you. Loyal to the end.

      Well, pets are listed in the Trello.

        Loading editor
    • I wish that 3.0 and 4.0 are kept seperate, for historic purposes.

        Loading editor
    • hey, im joining in late, buuuuuuuut....

      NELSON PLS NEW ENGINE!

      WE ALL NEED IT! UNITY IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH! Everyone has so many bugs and optimization issues, and considering MINECRAFT,  a game that can render more than the entirety of the unturned germany map, can run better and more effeciently on a potato than Unturned, a relatively small map, with relatively low render distance, means that the needed computer  specs are just WAY TOO HIGH. so pleasse move to java or unreal like the KSP devs might. 

      K, thanks for reading this very biased rant about jargon, and wait please don't ban me from the game NELSON PLEAS-

      RealOmega has disconnected.

        Loading editor
    • Ehwbofvqbdofcaq wrote:
      hey, im joining in late, buuuuuuuut....

      NELSON PLS NEW ENGINE!

      WE ALL NEED IT! UNITY IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH! Everyone has so many bugs and optimization issues, and considering MINECRAFT,  a game that can render more than the entirety of the unturned germany map, can run better and more effeciently on a potato than Unturned, a relatively small map, with relatively low render distance, means that the needed computer  specs are just WAY TOO HIGH. so pleasse move to java or unreal like the KSP devs might. 

      K, thanks for reading this very biased rant about jargon, and wait please don't ban me from the game NELSON PLEAS-

      RealOmega has disconnected.

      well minecraft and unturned have diffrent graphics so you can't really compare them together

        Loading editor
    • I want to be able  to bind mouse button 3.

        Loading editor
    • Clone191b wrote:
      Ehwbofvqbdofcaq wrote:
      hey, im joining in late, buuuuuuuut....

      NELSON PLS NEW ENGINE!

      WE ALL NEED IT! UNITY IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH! Everyone has so many bugs and optimization issues, and considering MINECRAFT,  a game that can render more than the entirety of the unturned germany map, can run better and more effeciently on a potato than Unturned, a relatively small map, with relatively low render distance, means that the needed computer  specs are just WAY TOO HIGH. so pleasse move to java or unreal like the KSP devs might. 

      K, thanks for reading this very biased rant about jargon, and wait please don't ban me from the game NELSON PLEAS-

      RealOmega has disconnected.

      well minecraft and unturned have diffrent graphics so you can't really compare them together

      That's what i meant. Unturned has better graphics than Minecraft, but minecraft can render around twice the size of the germany map in ONE SITTING. So i would say unreal or java would be a good optimization scheme, even though it would completely change modding.

        Loading editor
    • 1 ) More slots for the servers. (Much better when many players play on one server.)  2 ) Attacking NPCs with weapons, which you can place in the map editor (for example) (moving around the map and use cover during gunfights) (like in DayZ Epoch mod on ARMA3)   3 ) Optimization  4 ) More configurations of all that is possible in the game. (how long is day, how long is night, speed of zombies, e.t.c.)

        Loading editor
    • XION-servers wrote: 1 ) More slots for the servers. (Much better when many players play on one server.)

      You can already have over 24 players on a server at a time.

        Loading editor
    • MoltonMontro wrote:

      XION-servers wrote: 1 ) More slots for the servers. (Much better when many players play on one server.)

      Yes, but ping will be jumping like on a hot pan. The server will not be visible in the servers list. and other "funny" things...
        Loading editor
    • XION-servers wrote:

      XION-servers wrote: 1 ) More slots for the servers. (Much better when many players play on one server.)

      Yes, but ping will be jumping like on a hot pan. The server will not be visible in the servers list. and other "funny" things...

      You're suggesting multiplayer optimization then.

        Loading editor
    • Being able to place bricks on cars' pedals and making them drive away.

        Loading editor
    • I actually can't find any problems with that idea other than why would u waste a damn car to do that.

        Loading editor
    • Unturned is a psychological horror simulation based on the classic novel Lord of the Flies. You wake up on a map, naked or otherwise, full of sadistic, prepubescent 13 year olds with endless free time who have been given infinite access to automatic weapons, ammo and cocaine. Armed with only your fists, your only objective is to provide schadenfreude for the little maggots by letting them murder and humiliate you as you struggle hopelessly to feed and clothe yourself in their custom-built torture arena. Somewhere between a form of masochistic BDSM and outright cucking, Unturned is certain to be a hit with anyone who derives pleasure from being humiliated and degraded, naked or otherwise. Otherwise this might not be the game for you.

        Loading editor
    • Atom Spark wrote:
      Unturned is a psychological horror simulation based on the classic novel Lord of the Flies. You wake up on a map, naked or otherwise, full of sadistic, prepubescent 13 year olds with endless free time who have been given infinite access to automatic weapons, ammo and cocaine. Armed with only your fists, your only objective is to provide schadenfreude for the little maggots by letting them murder and humiliate you as you struggle hopelessly to feed and clothe yourself in their custom-built torture arena. Somewhere between a form of masochistic BDSM and outright cucking, Unturned is certain to be a hit with anyone who derives pleasure from being humiliated and degraded, naked or otherwise. Otherwise this might not be the game for you.

      But what if John is no kill?


        Loading editor
    • biofuel powered generators to throw your friends, cats, and that horrible monstrocity molton posted on the discord into

        Loading editor
    • More interactive life - animals, crops, birds, fruit trees, tameable horses and other initially wild animals (factoring in Warmblooded and Sneakybeaky, perhaps?). Include animal breeding and labor - along with crafting of fencing, of course.

      If players are infected to death, make their corpse spawn as a zombie with similar attire and physical features, and carrying all the loot which was held at the time of death.

      Allow bookmarks and add more detailed names/descriptions on charts and GPS.

      More life.

        Loading editor
    • more life? i play unturned to escape my current sad life!

        Loading editor
    • (^ω^)

      I play it to train for an apocalypse xP

        Loading editor
    • When picking up a new gun, it takes time to learn how to reload it and stuff.

        Loading editor
    • I think zombies should be unrestricted to zones (free to roam across all the map), and should "shamble" instead of remain stationary until alerted. I would also make them attracted to fires, headlights, and sounds of crafting or placing items, etc. All actions visible or audible to players should be visible and audible to a zombie, but within a short range. There is much more of a vibe of farming than of the apocalypse as things are. If zombies could wander past you at any time, wherever you are, and come exploring your fire or find you by the sounds of cooking or crafting, that would improve the strategy and depth of the game immensely imo. ^-^

        Loading editor
    • Froste Byte wrote:
      I think zombies should be unrestricted to zones (free to roam across all the map), and should "shamble" instead of remain stationary until alerted. I would also make them attracted to fires, headlights, and sounds of crafting or placing items, etc. All actions visible or audible to players should be visible and audible to a zombie, but within a short range. There is much more of a vibe of farming than of the apocalypse as things are. If zombies could wander past you at any time, wherever you are, and come exploring your fire or find you by the sounds of cooking or crafting, that would improve the strategy and depth of the game immensely imo. ^-^

      Can be very abusable, since zombies can destroy buildings. We had that kind of shit in 2.0.

        Loading editor
    • They won't destroy anything unless they're attracted to it, right? Just extinguish your fires, turn off your headlights, and don't make a ruckus near your valuables (or hide behind them).

        Loading editor
    • extremely counter-intuitive reloading system akin to Reciever where operating the slide/bolt and hammer (if applicable) takes three buttons each etc, this will definitely make Unturned more educational Please and Thank You Nelson

        Loading editor
    • LocalDisk wrote: extremely counter-intuitive reloading system akin to Reciever where operating the slide/bolt and hammer (if applicable) takes three buttons each etc, this will definitely make Unturned more educational Please and Thank You Nelson

      At this point u might as well ask nelson to make it into a vr game

        Loading editor
    • Altimeters

      Every flying vehicle should have one except the auto gyro. The Gyro could have a rangefinder added as an attachment to get altitude readings.

      On a broader scale, all vehicles could have possible attachments, same as weapons. A dirt bike might only be able to take a muffler, if that, while an APC could mount a full HMG or sentry, a storage unit, spotlights, and/or a generator, etc. Vehicle attachments may require crafting with rope or tape before they can be placed on/in a vehicle.

      But the altimeters - this is a must. There should also probably be a config setting to adjust how high you can go before Oxygen begins to drop, and how fast the ticks go down, same as the other stats. For diving in water, as well.

        Loading editor
    • Froste Byte wrote:
      Altimeters

      Every flying vehicle should have one except the auto gyro. The Gyro could have a rangefinder added as an attachment to get altitude readings.

      On a broader scale, all vehicles could have possible attachments, same as weapons. A dirt bike might only be able to take a muffler, if that, while an APC could mount a full HMG or sentry, a storage unit, spotlights, and/or a generator, etc. Vehicle attachments may require crafting with rope or tape before they can be placed on/in a vehicle.

      But the altimeters - this is a must. There should also probably be a config setting to adjust how high you can go before Oxygen begins to drop, and how fast the ticks go down, same as the other stats. For diving in water, as well.

      Yes. Vehicle attachments would be great and customizing what side you come out of.

        Loading editor
    • RealOmega wrote: Yes. Vehicle attachments would be great and customizing what side you come out of.

      You can swap seats (F1-F12) to find a spot near where you want to get out, then exit.

        Loading editor
    • On the topic of vehicles, the flying physics should be made to be even slightly more realistic. The Fighter Jet should be able to automatically retract its gear because it just looks wrong for a something high flying to have its gear out. The HMG rounds should have an area of effect, being .50 cal bullets and all. A fighter jet without missiles is a glorified WW2 plane.

        Loading editor
    • Pixel34 wrote: The HMG rounds should have an area of effect, being .50 cal bullets and all.

      They already do.

        Loading editor
    • I haven't played for 3 months, don't judge me.

        Loading editor
    • Immunity should regenerate if Health is above a certain level <--(I'm surprised this wasn't a part of U1) Infection could also be determined by Health dropping below a certain level, rather than Immunity, and/or when Immunity is below a given level, Health will not regen.

      If any of these are implemented, they would have corresponding config settings, I would hope? There are many config settings I think are missing at present, such as all things related to oxygen:

        Oxygen_Use_Underwater_Ticks
        Oxygen_Use_High_Altitude_Ticks
        Oxygen_Use_Aiming_Ticks
        Oxygen_Damage_Underwater_Ticks
        Oxygen_Damage_High_Altitude_Ticks
        Oxygen_Regen_Air_Ticks
        Oxygen_Regen_Diving_Tank_Ticks
        Oxygen_Regen_Oxygenator_Ticks
      

      I'll post any other significant sets I come across later.

        Loading editor
    • Further config suggestions:

      Vehicles:

        Fuel_Use_Ticks
        Battery_Regen_Ticks
      

      Animals:

        Loot_Chance
        Min_Drops
        Max_Drops
        Can_Stun
        Experience_Multiplier
      

      Objects:

        Boulder_Min_Drops
        Boulder_Max_Drops
        Boulder_Experience_Multiplier
        Boulder_Armor_Multiplier
        Tree_Min_Drops
        Tree_Max_Drops
        Tree_Experience_Multiplier
        Tree_Armor_Multiplier
        Harvest_Experience_Multiplier
      

      Players:

        Can_Freeze
        Can_Stop_Freezing
        Freezing_Damage_Ticks
      
        Loading editor
    • Firefighter clothing protects the explosive effects of burner zombies, so perhaps there should be clothing which protects against acid zombies? Maybe biohazard outfit?

      Also, we should be able to do a LOT more with GPS. It would be nice to plot routes flying/driving/walking, record routes taken, place multiple waypoints or markers, add notes to locations/waypoints, and see data such as distance traveled, time taken, pace (average speed), etc. Charts could possible do with markers and notes, but should be much more limited.

      Item addition: Digital camera, film camera, film, pictureframe and photo album! Take pictures (first-person screenshots with no HUD), and be able to store them in frames or albums. Frames would act like placards and be craftable with similar materials. A book + tape = photo album.

        Loading editor
    • Special Industrial Camera which takes Industrial Photos. You can then craft a Photo Wall, which can be used as a doorway or garage. Camouflage that actually works.

        Loading editor
    • Tea? Tea would be nice. Since most assembled foods specialize in solving hunger, but not thirst
        Loading editor
    • +Gravity

      +mass in ojects(constructions) and vehicles

      +fall damage kill !

      +friendly fire <true;false>

      +bullet fall work when you dont have scope

      +Bicycle that is not armored

      +and resolver (others ilogical problems)


      (in my opnion remove the "firezombie")

        Loading editor
    • Damage to falling vehicle with or without occupants, true/false option when carjacked.

        Loading editor
    • I had a "trauma" while riding a helicopter in the snow.

      I did not see that I was upside down and you know ... it was impossible for me to observe the angle and the height, perhaps in aerial vehicles, an altimeter and an angle scheme would be extremely feasible for me to fly in the snow again and to avoid traumas.



      Sry For my english

        Loading editor
    • it would be cool you could do how much you would eat like for example: 1 is 10 2 is 20 3 is 30 4 is 40 5 is 45 6 is 60 7 is 75 8 is 80 and 9 is 100 if you could hold right click and press a number you would drink that much how you want and on the percent of durability it would say 40% left and you cant press other number pads only 1 2 3 4 that would be nice like in real life :D

        Loading editor
    • Xzantos wrote:
      it would be cool you could do how much you would eat like for example: 1 is 10 2 is 20 3 is 30 4 is 40 5 is 45 6 is 60 7 is 75 8 is 80 and 9 is 100 if you could hold right click and press a number you would drink that much how you want and on the percent of durability it would say 40% left and you cant press other number pads only 1 2 3 4 that would be nice like in real life :D

      It would be cool if you could take bites instead of eating the chips, the air, and the bag, as well as the inventory slots that are taken up. You could do this by holding right click and clicking an onscreen number or a number key on your keyboard. For example, if you clicked 40, it would drain 40% of the durability or a thing like that. Reworks would be needed or a new stat, but it would be more believable than just nom nom nom nom nom, bag disappear

      FTFY

        Loading editor
    • How about electric cars, bikes, mopeds, etc. that use batteries instead of gas. Being able to walk inside of larger vehicle, and scoot along benches in cars. Rename 20 gauge to 8 gauge. Replace low caliber military ammunition, low caliber ranger ammunition, low caliber civilian ammunition, high caliber military ammunition, and high caliber ranger ammunition with pistol, magnum, intermediate, rifle, and heavy cartridges. Add reintroduce lever action in 12 gauge with gate loading so you wouldn't cycle the action when loading each round like on the bluntforce. Add a skeet gun in 20 gauge, break action, single barrel, the reloading animation should put one shell in the chamber, and clip the other to the side. Between shots you would need to load the extra shell into the chamber, similar to cycling a bolt action. It would offer better range and accuracy than the masterkey, but have a much slower reload and rate of fire. Add a better version of the zubeknakov. The eaglefire has its maplestrike, the swissgewehr has its chimera, but the zubeknakov is all alone. Change HMG from low caliber, and make high caliber military ammunition a bit more common.

        Loading editor
    • On the 4.0 trello Nelson says he'll organize ammo by caliber, but I am concerned that we'll end up with a bucket load of 9mm pistols that shoot like 9mm pistols, a pile of 9mm pistols that behave nothing like 9mm pistols, A lack of weapons overall, so many different cartridges that we can't find ammo for the guns we want, or some cartridges being too rare to be viable to shoot.

        Loading editor
    • More *good* melees. Mostly we have the Frying Pan and the achievement items along with knives. Other than that we have... a pitchfork, lots and lots of weird...shovels... and things used to get resources.

      Oh, and change "ore" to drop unrefined metal, so it's more realistic. Dropping straight up metal scrap from some kind of ore deposit makes no sense

        Loading editor
    • RealOmega wrote:
      More *good* melees. Mostly we have the Frying Pan and the achievement items along with knives. Other than that we have... a pitchfork, lots and lots of weird...shovels... and things used to get resources.

      Oh, and change "ore" to drop unrefined metal, so it's more realistic. Dropping straight up metal scrap from some kind of ore deposit makes no sense

      A Melee weapon I want to see is a powerhead, it would use up ammo, and make alot of noise, but it would do a lot of damage regardless of what skills the player has.

      In Unturned 2.0 breaking boulders would give you rocks, which could be crafted into metal when near a fire.

        Loading editor
    • HarvestOnUnturned wrote:
      RealOmega wrote:
      More *good* melees. Mostly we have the Frying Pan and the achievement items along with knives. Other than that we have... a pitchfork, lots and lots of weird...shovels... and things used to get resources.

      Oh, and change "ore" to drop unrefined metal, so it's more realistic. Dropping straight up metal scrap from some kind of ore deposit makes no sense

      A Melee weapon I want to see is a powerhead, it would use up ammo, and make alot of noise, but it would do a lot of damage regardless of what skills the player has.

      In Unturned 2.0 breaking boulders would give you rocks, which could be crafted into metal when near a fire.

      Powerhead? We have a jackhammer.

      Rocks wouldn't do it. We need a "forge" that's made out of rocks that are mined from gravelly areas and different ones for metal.

        Loading editor
    • A powerhead is a tool, that holds one cartridge, and fires that cartridge when it is slammed into something. People put them on poles and hunt gaters and sharks with them, because water slows bullets so much that its better to have them in direct contact with your target.

        Loading editor
    • Oh. In that case, a very powerful melee, or a very powerful ranged with a short range.

        Loading editor
    • more precise building and more stuff to make building easier cause are some bugs when i place doorframe and after door

        Loading editor
    • Split screen is a must so i can play with my cousin :D

        Loading editor
    • UrbanEquinox wrote: Split screen is a must so i can play with my cousin :D

      Already implemented in 4.x.

        Loading editor
    • -Different types of injury from different weapons. The only current "side" damage in unturned 3.0 is bleeding. Example, take a bat, it would slightly slow/stun you. Even more so for a sledge hammer. These two weapons are just "basic", as of 3.0. So improvements on that could be made. 

      -When bleeding, zombies can detect (smell) you from farther. This would stack on full moon effects.

      -Side idea (non-priority) - more animals and food items.

      -More uses for useless items like shovels, frying pans, cooking knives, pitchforks, etc.

      -Players should be able to subdue, but not kill zombies. This is a follow up for the next idea.


      - Dumb/crazy idea, players can revive certain facilities. Example, take scorpion 7. Players could rebuild, use electricity to put it back into function, and secure it. Then players could run tests on zombies. They could either mutate them and create more powerful versions, or possibly cure the apocalypse. Though this would either ruin unturned, or actually put a use into what the liberator's goal is.

      I got plenty of ideas, but i guess i could keep it here for now.

        Loading editor
    • to add Balkan map 

      will be interesting

      1.Croatia with a lot of islands 

      2.Bosnia with the last semi-jungle of europe

      3.slovenia with castle and the cave

      4.Serbia,Kosovo,Albania,montenegro,

      5.Greece with islands again

      6. Romania with the big mountains and castle and the Danube Delt 

      7.Bulgaria and european turkey

        Loading editor
    • also to can craft juice machines and food machines that you can find in the gas stations

        Loading editor
    • also repairing and damaging vehicle system better

      also a system on some maps to hire bots to come with you 

      bots(survivors to apocalypse)

        Loading editor
    • A butterfly knife that had actual moving parts would be cool. Not just an opened one that flips, but one that you can do tricks with while inspecting or opens differently than the current one.
        Loading editor
    • and i would like to add some guns that i think they shall be in game 

      like:1.M9 or USP (we have just a old 1911)

      2.to put silencer on snipers  or to be created a sniper that can accept silencer

      3.ww2 weapons:like stg44,mg42,kar 98,gewehr 43 or(SVT,M1 grand(its on ireland already)),tommy gun and that ppsh would be cool,Bren gun

      4.flametrhower would be cool but i think it may cause lag

      now differenmt subject

      5.to make a bunker half in ground 

      or a house with small windows to put the gun and shoot and to be the periscope rifle 

      6.more precise building 

      7.this would be too cool and too bad and too good :to dig in ground 

      bad cause players can take that land and you remain like landlocked if PVE

      and good cause would be easier to make house and would be underground :O

        Loading editor
    • Atom Spark wrote: Joinable factions and npc companions

      Bruh that already exists, but companions don’t.

        Loading editor
    • Stevelord16 wrote: -Different types of injury from different weapons. The only current "side" damage in unturned 3.0 is bleeding. Example, take a bat, it would slightly slow/stun you. Even more so for a sledge hammer. These two weapons are just "basic", as of 3.0. So improvements on that could be made. 

      -When bleeding, zombies can detect (smell) you from farther. This would stack on full moon effects.

      -Side idea (non-priority) - more animals and food items.

      -More uses for useless items like shovels, frying pans, cooking knives, pitchforks, etc.

      -Players should be able to subdue, but not kill zombies. This is a follow up for the next idea.


      - Dumb/crazy idea, players can revive certain facilities. Example, take scorpion 7. Players could rebuild, use electricity to put it back into function, and secure it. Then players could run tests on zombies. They could either mutate them and create more powerful versions, or possibly cure the apocalypse. Though this would either ruin unturned, or actually put a use into what the liberator's goal is.

      I got plenty of ideas, but i guess i could keep it here for now.

      Like fallout 4 faction endings?

        Loading editor
    • My ideas are nothing special, but what I think might give a bit fresher feeling to the game would be things like caves on hills in the woods and cellars in some of the houses.

      And also another idea I got: Slap a player by right clicking while barehanded. It deals no damage but provides a short duration stun (about one or two seconds) could be used to calm down players and since it'd be required to come close to the player it wouldn't be much useful as a mean of killing somebody. Also the player that would be stunned by it would then become immune to it for about half a minute, so it wouldn't be abused.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe add more keyboard shortcuts? For example, holding shift and clicking on an item in an inventory/storage GUI should instantly throw it over into the storage.
        Loading editor
    • XHorizonSwiftx wrote:

      Maybe add more keyboard shortcuts? For example, holding shift and clicking on an item in an inventory/storage GUI should instantly throw it over into the storage.

      This has always been a thing. Ctrl+Click and Shift+Click are inventory shortcuts.

        Loading editor
    • put it on the switch, xbox one, and ps4.

        Loading editor
    • Ahh, sorry; thanks for telling me.

        Loading editor
    • VJordanV wrote:
      A darker theme and more story driven and im gay

      nu

        Loading editor
    • you can add a car stereo, wiper in the car and if we leave the car in motion, we suffer damage.

      and then that in the servers the sets of players can listen to our custom music

        Loading editor
    • cOpYrIgHt

        Loading editor
    • 69

        Loading editor
    • no u

        Loading editor
    • make destructable terrain so players can make a quick trench for when underfire, The trench will then be filled in over time, shovels should be used as shovels and construction vehicles like a bulldozer should be able to use it's shovel.

        Loading editor
    • +like

        Loading editor
    • Give. Me. Police. Vehicles. With. Syrines. And. Cool. Lights. NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!



      Sincerly,

      ~xDreamLand

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

Stream the best stories.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

Get Disney+