Shades is a cosmetic clothing item in Unturned 3. They represent black sunshades.
The Shades were an article of clothing, but got changed into a cosmetic item in the Steam Economy update. The Shades used to take up 2 slots in the inventory (1x2). Shades did not provide any armor.
- Strangely, Shades dropped from Trees in the Alpha version of the game.
- Permanent Gold Upgrade DLC owners could, in older versions of the game, end up only spawning with the Shades on when playing on Gold Difficulty.
- In an older version of the game, the text "Greg Co." could be seen on the Shades, referring to a past YouTube account Greg Stevens that used to make trailers for the first Unturned prototype game, "Deadzone" on Roblox.
|Alpha||Shades were added to the game|
|?||Shades no longer drops from trees|
|?||Shades now spawn for gold members on any kind of server|
|?||Shades no longer have "Greg Co." written on them|
|18.104.22.168||Shades were added to 3.0|
|Item Type:||Clothing (Exclusive)|
|Examine Text:||Epic and stylish.|
- Gold members spawn with shades already equipped, along with a suit and jeans.
- Shades actually dropped from trees in the alpha.
- Gold members can only spawn with this on a gold server.
- If you look closely at the top right corner of the sunglasses,you will see the text "Greg Co.", Refering to his past Youtube account Greg Stevens that he used to make trailers for the first Unturned prototype game "Deadzone" on Roblox.
- Lately, a lot of non-gold players have reported to have spawned with the shades, and they can't remove them by clicking on them. Only way to make them dissapear is to put on a headwear item, like the Forest Helmet orCivilan NVGStetson, but they will still appear if you remove those items.