The rarest drops are Mystery Boxes which, when opened, will give you a random super rare mystery item, or if you're extra lucky you might even get one that has a special effect like fire or sparkles! These require a key to open which cost $1 or your currency equivalent, and are a new way to help support the game if the Gold upgrade price seems a bit steep. - Description on the Steam News Annoucement
Mythics are effects in Unturned that are applied to rare cosmetics. They were released in the Steam Economy update.
Mythical items can be obtained by opening Boxes and Presents, which are given as an in-game drop. The player then must buy a key to open a Box. After opening, the player has a rare chance of getting a mythical item.
- Blood Sucker
- Cryptic Runes
- Crystal Shards
- Decked Out
- Fire Dragon
- High Tide
- Holiday Spirit
- Ice Dragon
- Lucky Coins
- Sky Lantern
- Soul Shattered
- Uses Hair Color
- Mythics were inspired by the "Unusual" item rarity found in Team Fortress 2, which are also obtained through loot boxes.
- The term "mythical" is a synonym for "unusual", and was suggested by Tyler "MoltonMontro" prior to his employment.
- Some mythics have been retired, and are not unboxable. Instead, pre-existing items that already had the mythic must be purchased.
- The Holiday Spirit mythic was unintentionally available from Hawaii Map Mystery Boxes for a short time. Items that were unboxed with the effect are still tradable and marketable.
- Several mythical effects are community-made, such as: Blood Sucker, Fire Dragon, High Tide, and Soul Shattered.