12 Gauge Shells are a Rare Magazine Attachment in Unturned 3. It can hold up to eight rounds, and it is currently used by the Bluntforce, the Quadbarrel, the Determinator, the Vanguard, and the Backlash.
12 Gauge Shells spawn in police stations, O'Leary Prison, and other police locations.
- Takes up less inventory space than a box of ammo.
- Can be loaded directly into guns, or used to refill magazines.
- Weapons using this ammo tend to do high damage in close quarters.
- Holds less ammo per inventory slot than a box of ammo.
- Each time one is fired, they disappear - which means they cannot be refilled with any ammo box.
- Weapons using this ammo tend to have relatively limited ranges.
- In Classic, Shells were used to craft ammunition for shotguns.
- When shot out of a gun, it splits into five pellets.
They can most commonly be found at Police Stations.
- It is possible to generate an unlimited amount of shells.